Derek Lewis Gray
Self-starter, flexible and experienced story-teller. Values the ability to think outside of the box, resourcefulness and a fast paced environment. Used to creating new ideas with little to no direction from anyone, is a team player, open to feedback. Knowledgeable in directing, video editing and screenwriting for web series. Content creator for Michael Lucas Productions, head writer for Toll Booth the Web series, doubled team productivity from 50 to 100% in a quarter.
Creative, Open to feedback, Resilient, Team player, Positive attitude
Software: Final Draft, Microsoft Word, Final Cut Pro X, Power Point, Outlook
Successfully created two web series for YouTube in 2017.
Awarded the Hammond Cup for 92% NPS score for 3rdand 4thquarter
Published two books in 2007 and 2016.
Place Silver for best Cinematography for 2018 Telly Awardsfor Toll Booth.
Awarded the Bowie Community Cable Award for best series two years in a row.
Created Education Structure to improve training which decreased performance attrition by 25%
Created new process which gave employees a more efficient way to submit and process customer follow-ups.
Toyota Financial Services, Owings Mills, MD 06/2016-Present
· Project Manager responsible for the creation, development and deployment of the departmental training curriculum for new employees coming into Toyota Financial Services. Created the project timeline, identified stakeholders, developed deadlines, assembled subject matter experts and launched the training curriculum. Prioritized and organized workloads to meet strict deadlines. Work with Supervisory peers to continue the improvement of the curriculum, training delivery methods and timeframes. Manage, train and support direct reports who assist in the training of new hires and handle administrative support of the project. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external stakeholders. Present periodic progress reports to upper management.
Decreased performance attrition by creating new training structure to improve the way in which we educate new hires while holding the accountable for performance.
Received team player award by writing, directing and editing the town hall skit to increase attendance and employee engagement within the contact center.
Michael Lucas Productions, Baltimore, MD 07/2016– Present
· Responsible for story development, script writing, directing and editing
· Collaborated with the Director of Photography to ensure the picture matched the essence of the script
· Hired cast and crew members including gaffer, sound mixer and makeup artist
· Negotiated and secured locations and financing for the film
· Co-writer, Director and Producer of Toll Booth the web series on YouTube 2018-Present
· Responsible for story development, script writing, directing and editing for feature film Letter from Samcurrently in post-production
· Collaborated with co-writer to develop storyline for the second season of the series
· Organized and hosted table reads for the cast in pre-production
Verizon, Hanover, Md 05/2005– 01/2016
Recognized for supervising team at #1 most efficient in North East Area with Average Speed of Answer (ASA) of 23 seconds (cut from 50 seconds), Average Handle Time (AHT) of 460 seconds (cut from 500 seconds), Scheduled Adherence of 94 percent with a 100 percent success ratio from 93 percent with a 50 percent success ratio.
Orchestrated new process for AD team that Increased ERP from 88% 2ndquarter to 90 % 3rdquarter
Improved Priority Queue NPS score from 11.5% to 27.9% and ERP from 78.6% to 91.1% within 2 months of taking over duties of this special project in 2010
Full Sail University, Winter Park Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing, Concentration
Bowie State University, Bowie , Bachelor of Arts, Communications